1- One of the obsolete integrated extract was causing Rman not to delete expired archive logs. orcl:/u02/DBA/scripts ->./delete_arch.sh The Oracle base remains unchanged with value /u01/app/oracle Recovery Manager: Release 220.127.116.11.0 – Production on Fri Feb 9 15:25:15 2018 Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. connected to target database: ORCL (DBID=1450870477) RMAN> 2> 3> 4> 5> 6> using target database control … Continue reading GoldenGate – RMAN-08137: WARNING: archived log not deleted, needed for standby or upstream capture process.
Here is a simple validation mapping to verify if the value in the trail file is numeric. I had to use this where the source was a varchar2 and the target was a numeric field. The requirement is if the value in the trail file is not numeric just add a “zero” in the field. MAP SOURCE.T1, TARGET TARGET.T1, & SQLEXEC (ID lookup_st, & QUERY … Continue reading GoldenGate numeric data validation with REGEXP
The objective of this document is to demonstrate how to install and configure the new Oracle 12.3 GoldenGate Microservices Architecture.
For the purpose of demonstration and training I have created one VM database (oradb1) and will create a unidirectional replication from 2 existing schemas: HR_SOURCE to HR_TARGET
The Oracle GoldenGate Microservices Architecture have 6 main components:
- Service manager
- A Service Manager acts as a watchdog for other services available with Microservices Architecture.
- Administration Server
- An Administration Server supervises, administers, manages, and monitors processes operating within an Oracle GoldenGate deployment for both active and inactive processes.
- Distribution Server
- A Distribution Server is an application that functions as a networked data distribution agent in support of conveying and processing data and commands in a distributed networked deployment. It is a high performance application that is able to handle multiple commands and data streams from multiple source trail files, concurrently.
- Receiver Server
- A Receiver Server is the central control service that handles all incoming trail files. It interoperates with the Distribution Server and provides compatibility with the classic architecture pump for remote classic deployments.
- Performance Metrics Server
- The Performance Metrics Server uses the metrics service to collect and store instance deployment performance results. This metrics collection and repository is separate from the administration layer information collection.
- Admin Client
- The Admin Client is a command line utility (similar to the classic GGSCI utility). It uses the REST API published by the Microservices Architecture(MA) Servers to accomplish control and configuration tasks in an Oracle GoldenGate deployment.
Replicat abending with database error 1403() during the initial startup during a compressed update. This error can be seen very frequently on a production environment when implementing Goldengate for the first time. During the instantiation of the target database, if there is any open transaction which is yet to be committed, the extract is started with “begin now” and then the export/rman backup is started. … Continue reading Replicat abending with database error 1403
When setting up a DDL replication in Integrated Capture there are couple tables that gets populated on a regular basis, Oracle provides a purge process that one can add to the manager parameter file and it will purge as configured. e.g: userid ogg, password xxxx PURGEDDLHISTORY MINKEEPDAYS 3, MAXKEEPDAYS 5, FREQUENCYMINUTES 30 PURGEMARKERHISTORY MINKEEPDAYS 3, MAXKEEPDAYS 5, FREQUENCYMINUTES 30 This works really well when you … Continue reading Purge DDL tables in GoldenGate for multiple instances
Here is a simple script to check which tables are missing trandata and generate the GG (so call DDL) to enable it on them. select ‘add trandata ‘||t.owner||’.’||t.table_name stmt from (select owner, table_name from dba_tables) t, (select owner, table_name from dba_log_groups) s where t.owner = s.owner (+) and t.table_name = s.table_name (+) and s.table_name is null and t.owner in (‘<schema>’); Continue reading Script to add trandata for GoldenGate
Commands ggsci> HELP [command] [object] ggsci> help GGSCI Command Summary: Object: Command: SUBDIRS CREATE ER INFO, KILL, LAG, SEND, STATUS, START, STATS, STOP EXTRACT ADD, ALTER, CLEANUP, DELETE, INFO, KILL, LAG, SEND, START, STATS, STATUS, STOP EXTTRAIL ADD, ALTER, DELETE, … Continue reading GGSCI Commands